Thursday, December 5, 2013

Please Hold for Finals

And just like that, I missed basically the entire last half of November. All I can say to justify myself is, "It was Thanksgiving break, I was exhausted, and now it's the week before finals and I am even more exhausted."

I have some things in the works I really would love to share: my Cooper is coming along adorably, despite some issues with pressing (my body fabric refuses to press neatly, so sewing down the detail straps on the body was a bit of a bear, for example, which makes me a bit apprehensive about making my own straps but eh, might as well just press on), I've got the Newcastle pattern printed and pieced together and ready to go, and I've been chipping away at the Yui Hongo and Chihiro Fujisaki cosplays, but the only time I really have to take pictures is late at night and my room has succumbed to the Finals Pit of No Return stage. It's really not the nicest place to take photos... if I could find a flat enough surface to lay out my things to TAKE photos, even.

Currently, I'm working on a Russian history paper due tomorrow at midnight (only eight pages doublespaced, but the prompt is so massive I could have double the page count and still feel like I was leaving things out, so that has me a bit on edge), revising my writing seminar portfolio, and beginning to study for my finals, all of which are next week (my college doesn't believe in Reading Days- or, rather, it believes Reading Days is just a fancier term for the weekend). I'm also polishing off my grad school applications, so a lot is getting crammed into the next week and a half!

... and then I'm done with my last fall semester as a college undergrad. How the hell did that one happen, I ask you.

Anyway, the point of this post is: sewing posts will resume once I get a break from the chaos that is the last week of finals, because I can't wait to get back into it! I'm gonna try to have a sewing wishlist post for Sunday, as a bit of a break for myself (because who doesn't love to destress with a little internet window shopping around the holidays?), but I don't want to make any promises I might not be able to keep, so that's still up in the air for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment